About 30% of medical device patents awarded in the United States go to international applicants, and these countries are leading the pack.
The vast majority of medical device patents granted by the U.S. Patent and Trade Office go to applicants from the United States. From 1994 through 2013, around 70% of medical device patents awarded by the office went to U.S. applicants. But what about the other 30%? Here's a look at which countries are seeing the most applicants staking a claim to their intellectual property in the United States.
(click to enlarge)