This will allow doctors and surgeons to determine if the purchase of a new piece of equipment makes sense. Another prediction is that companies will move a âEURoeGreenâEUR business model that emphasizes reduction of medical waste. This trend will promote development of smart technology that can enable sterilization of previously single-use equipment (syringes, catheters, IV tubes). The business model could further development of biodegradable body navigation devices. In addition, the company cited other trends, as follows:
- Movement of medical device from hospital to home.
- Creation of smaller, handheld and protable devices.
- Development of home diagnostics using microelectromechanical safeguards to prevent misuse and inaccurate readings.
- Development of diagnostics that make use of very small fluid samples.
- Increasing use of wireless technology that eliminates the need for expensive cables.