Some of these immediate items relevant to medical devices include the following:
- Designing a series of surveys to assess the public's understanding of, and satisfaction with, FDA communications about medical products.
- Producing a research agenda for public dissemination.
- Creating and maintaining a useful, easily accessible internal database of FDA and other relevant risk communication research.
- Posting pictures of FDA- regulated products affected by Class I or high-priority Class II recalls as part of recall notices/information.
- Developing detailed action plans at the agency and center levels for implementing and achieving the proposed action steps, including timelines, responsibilities, and resource needs.