Engineers, managers, and executives involved in the rapidly advancing medical device design industry interested in sharing their knowledge are invited to submit their proposal to speak at the Medical Design & Manufacturing (MD&M) Conference, to be held November 2-3, 2022, in Minneapolis, MN.
The MD&M Minneapolis Conference provides medical device design professionals with valuable education and networking opportunities. We are accepting speaking proposals for the MD&M Conference and Medtech Central theater, as well as the Engineering Theater, serving the ATX, Design & Manufacturing, MinnPack, and Plastec communities. The deadline for proposals is May 18.
Learn more, find event details, and submit your proposal here: https://minn2022.c4p.eesubs.com/
Abstract submissions are now being accepted in 4 tracks for the full product development cycle:
Regulations, Research & Development
Keeping current with medical regulations is an essential part of the research and design process. The challenge is to develop creative designs that meet regulation requirements and at the same time take advantage of the newest material choices and innovative design methods. This track will look at ways to meet the latest medical device design challenges while also speeding the design process.
- New and upcoming FDA regulations for medical devices
- Next-gen materials and how to best use them
- Using AI and machine learning to improve design
- Use of 3D printing/additive manufacturing in the medical design process
- Integration of electronics/software into device design
Medical Device Design & Manufacturing
Medical design and manufacturing requires an emphasis on quality from start to finish, while also implementing the latest best practices for design efficiency and production speed. This track will cover how to meet the tight medical quality assurance and quality control requirements, make use of the latest design and materials innovations, and manage risk to efficiently produce the most reliable devices.
- Implementing tight quality assurance and quality control
- Sensors & AI in medical manufacturing
- Materials choices and sourcing
- Cardiovascular device design and manufacturing challenges and solutions
- Risk management best practices
Medtech Security, UI/UX, and Digital Transformations
Medical equipment must function extremely accurately, be usable in many situations by a wide variety of people, and make use of the latest data management tools. Strict guidelines for patient information security must be met. This track will cover the interaction of medical equipment with safety, security, and data regulations.
- Medical device security requirements
- User training, safety, and patient experience
- User interface and experience
- How telemedicine & digitization are changing medical design
- Digitization & data management
Innovation in Medical Design & Engineering
Challenge drives innovation, bringing about novel new ways of accelerating medical design and production for a wide variety of essential equipment. This track will focus on the latest advancements in medical design and engineering and how those can best be used in future development.
- The role of automated or remote medical services moving forward
- AI/machine learning application: diagnostics, therapeutics, automation
- Innovative treatment technologies, particularly in cardiovascular disease
- Working with regulatory bodies to reduce design burdens
- Next-gen technologies: Miniaturization/wearables/implantables
If you have any questions, please email Conference Director Naomi Price ahead of the May 18 deadline at [email protected]