SPECIAL FEATURE: ENGINEERING EXCELLENCE
The Medical Design Excellence Awards competition has been recognizing outstanding achievement in medical technology for 11 years. This year, a panel of impartial jurors named 33 winners in 10 product categories as recipients of this distinction. In this special section, MPMN features a cross-section of several winning devices and highlights the various companies who contributed to their design and development. Gold and silver medal honorees will be announced at MD&M East 2008.
- Dampening Technology Speeds Up Prosthetic Knee
- Handheld Unit Brings Ultrasound to Point-of-Care Diagnostics
- Infant Warmers Feature Improved Usability and Safety Functions
- Single-Use Applicator Guards Against Surgical Infection
- Wireless ECG Enables Economic Patient Monitoring
- Syringe Gives Boost to Contrast Media Injection