Now in its 10th year, the Medical Design Excellence Awards (MDEA) competition honors innovation in such areas as engineering and design for medical devices. This year, the MDEA competition has recognized 35 winners in 10 product categories. In the following feature, MPMN highlights a sampling of this year's winning devices, as well as the manufacturers and suppliers that provided the engineering solutions necessary to overcome obstacles and to achieve the groundbreaking finished devices.
- System Gives Hope to Patients with Precancerous Esophageal Condition
- Blood Measurement Device Draws Praise for Ultrasound Use
- Industrial Designer Delivers Multifaceted Care Management Device
- Infusion System Promotes Safe Dispensing of Medication
- Company’s Combined Capabilities Tapped for Development of New Epidural Syringe
- Burr Hole Base Cap Supplies Security, Comfort for Neurological Procedure