Informa Markets – Engineering’s Advanced Manufacturing Minneapolis, the Midwest's leading end-to-end design and manufacturing event, has announced a collection of influential partner-led activations, content, and engagement as part of the effort to enhance the experience of the trade show and conference. The event comes to the Minneapolis Convention Center on Nov. 3 and 4.
Comprising five co-located events — Plastec, Medical Design & Manufacturing (MD&M), Design & Manufacturing (D&M), Automation Technology Expo (ATX), and MinnPack — Advanced Manufacturing Minneapolis offers attendees access to product discovery with more than 400 suppliers, a curated four-track medical conference, career-building tools, and networking opportunities.
Advanced Manufacturing Minneapolis partner-led opportunities include:
- Institute of Packaging Professionals (IoPP) Minnesota Chapter: The award-winning IoPP chapter will present its annual student awards at the event, as well as member presentations on packaging sustainability. Visit IoPP MN in booth 817.
- Medical Alley Association: Founded in 1984, the Medical Alley Association supports and advances the global leadership of Minnesota’s Medical Alley healthcare industry. Visit the Medical Alley Association in booth 1241.
- MedtechWomen: MedtechWomen's focus is to deliver content-focused forums around what’s next in medtech, expand women’s opportunities to speak and create visibility for their expertise, inspire current and future leaders to take on the next level of career challenge, and create a strong network to facilitate partnerships, collaborations, and deals. MedtechWomen will present a panel and networking breakfast focused on advancing female and diverse leadership from within.
- Meet Minneapolis: Promoting all the remarkable features, assets, and businesses across the city of Minneapolis, Meet Minneapolis has supported Advanced Manufacturing Minneapolis as an event partner and by supplying local restaurant gift cards that will be shared with attendees as part of a 2021 sweepstakes.
- Surface Mount Technology Association (SMTA): Advanced Manufacturing Minneapolis welcomes the Eden Prairie, MN–based partner and its event, SMTA International, to the Minneapolis Convention Center this November. Together, the events bring one of the largest audiences of engineering and manufacturing professionals to the Midwest.
- Sterilization Packaging Manufacturers Council (SPMC): The SPMC is a council of the Flexible Packaging Association composed of Flexible Packaging Association (FPA) member companies that specialize in medical device packaging. Visit SPMC in booth 831 and attend its free educational session on the requirements and standards for medical packaging.
- University of Minnesota & Institute for Engineering in Medicine's Bakken Medical Devices Center: Presenting the Innovation Zone, University of Minnesota & Institute for Engineering in Medicine's Bakken Medical Devices Center will bring together the industry’s most revolutionary and exciting new products. Attendees can walk the zone at their own pace and see the future on display in booth 307. The university will also present a session discussing how it worked with partners to develop a low-cost alternative to traditional ventilators in 67 days during the pandemic.
- VSI Labs: Based in Saint Louis Park, MN, VSI Labs will bring an advanced automotive application to booth 525 and provide static demonstrations of sensor technologies that will move us closer to autonomous vehicles, as well as present a free educational session on automated driving.
These partnerships are part of an effort to unite a community dedicated to discovering innovation in medtech, medical device manufacturing, and adjacent industries, connecting technology disrupters with manufacturers who can bring critical innovations to life, said Informa Markets – Engineering, which also publishes PlasticsToday.
“We are proud to return to Minneapolis next week, a key market for engineering and manufacturing in the U.S., with more than 324,000 manufacturing workers and three times the national average in medtech employment,” said Suzanne Deffree, Group Event Director. “As we return to support this vital region, we bring with us more than 25 organization and media partners, all recognizing the American Midwest’s impact on the global design and manufacturing industry.”
A full list of Advanced Manufacturing Minneapolis’ partners can be found on its website. For more information and to join the community in-person next week, visit the event website or register to attend.