|Landon Lack, president and CEO China MedConnect|
First, do you even meet the requirements to enter the market in China? If you do in fact meet the stipulations, should you even enter? What other steps must be considered? There are a host of questions that need to be answered.
Enter Landon Lack, the President and CEO of China MedConnect. Lack is a veteran of the healthcare, medical device, and high tech industries in the US and China. He has helped companies develop and execute sales strategies, developed highly successful strategic partnerships & channel strategies, and helped position companies for M&A exit. Lack has had an opportunity to work for both large public companies as well as early stage venture backed companies including: McGaw Inc. (now part of B.Braun), Boston Scientific, Ask Jeeves, SealedMedia (now part of Oracle), and Capitis Healthcare. Landon received his B.S. degree from the United States Military Academy, West Point, New York, and his MBA from the China Europe International Business School (CEIBS). He has lived in Beijing since 2007 with his wife and three daughters.
In this interview, Landon Lack reveals fascinating insights that will help in your medical device decisions regarding the China market.
Here's What You Will Learn:
- Best practices employed by the multi-national corporations (Medtronic, J&J, etc.) that are currently operating in China.
- Critical requirements to enter the market in China.
- Real risks vs perceived risks when considering whether to enter the China market.
- The importance of strategic partnerships with certain distributors in China.
- How to maintain licensing control without completely screwing yourself in years to come.
- What the FCPA (Foreign Corrupt Practices Act) means for your business in China.
- How China's renewed interest in innovation impacts IP protection.
- And much more!
Listen to the "What Does it Take to Market and Sell Medical Devices in China?" podcast (right click and select "Save Link As" to download the podcast).
Download the PDF action points of the "What Does it Take to Market and Sell Medical Devices in China?" podcast.
Scott Nelson is a self-described medtech enthusiast, ambitious doer, and resident contrarian. In an effort to learn from dynamic experts in the medtech space, he founded Medsider.com. Scott has worked for some of the largest medical device companies in the world. After plenty of wins and losses, Medsider.com is the site he wished he had from the beginning.