The 2022 Medical Design Excellence Awards announces winners in 10 categories: Cardiovascular Devices; Digital Health Products and Mobile Medical Apps; ER and OR Tools, Equipment, and Supplies; Gastrointestinal and Genitourinary Devices; Implant and Tissue-Replacement Products; Nonsurgical Hospital Supplies and Equipment; Over-the-Counter and Self-Care Devices; Radiological, Imaging, and Electromechanical Devices; Rehabilitation and Assistive-Technology Products; and Testing and Diagnostic Products and Systems.
Entries were judged based on 5 criteria:
- Design and Engineering Innovations
- Functional (User-Related) Innovations
- Benefits to Overall Healthcare
- Benefits to Patients
- Differentiation in the Market
Click through our slideshow to see the Bronze, Silver, and Gold winners in each category, and be sure to click all the way to the end to see the 2022 Best-in-Show and MD+DI Readers' Choice Winners.
MDEA thanks the following 2022 jurors:
- Stacie Depner, Director of R&D, Hydrafacial
- Jennifer Joe, MD, Principal, Vanguard.Health
- Valmeek Kudesia, MD, Owner/Consultant, Kindura
- Nadia Routhier, Human Factors Engineer, Product Development, StarFish Medical
- Mary Kay Smith, Director, Michigan State University Learning and Assessment Center
- Kelly Umstead, Assistant Professor of Industrial Design and Director of Graduate Programs in Industrial Design, NC State University
- Mark Wehde, Chair, Mayo Clinic Division of Engineering
- Stephanie Whalen, Product Design Manager
- Michael E. Wiklund, General Manager of Human Factors Engineering, UL
- Stephen Wilcox, PhD, FIDSA, Chairman of the Board and Founder, Design Science
Click here to see all the 2022 Medical Design Excellence Awards finalists.