Call for Speakers Schedule
2019 MD&M Minneapolis Call for Speakers NOW OPEN
Minneapolis Convention Center
October 23-24, 2019
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday, May 10, 2019, 11:59 PM EST
About the MD&M Minneapolis Conference
Now’s your chance to join the region’s biggest annual medtech event. We now invite presenters to submit speaking proposals for the MD&M Minneapolis Conference, to be held October 23-24, 2019. MD&M Minneapolis is the largest and most comprehensive advanced manufacturing event in Minnesota, serving the large Midwest medical device R&D, Design and Manufacturing marketplace. This is the event that every medtech decision maker from a design engineer to president of a company will come to find inspiration, as well as the material, component, tool, or solution that will transform their product, make their manufacturing process more efficient and less costly, and help facilitate quicker commercialization.
About the MD&M Minneapolis Conference Audience
Our goal is to deliver a unique educational experience for R&D engineers and managers, design engineers and human factors/industrial design/UX professionals, project and process engineers, manufacturing engineers, quality and regulatory engineers, as well as C-suite-level executives and managers involved in medical device commercialization.
Are You an R&D, Design or Product Development Engineer Working for a Finished Medical Device Manufacturer?
We’re looking for R&D, design and front-end product development engineers working for finished medical device manufacturers to speak, lead panels, or host round table discussions for their peers working in medical device R&D, design, product development and manufacturing. Help bring together technology and product development best practices by presenting your thought leadership. Sharing your innovation strategies and tactics can help move medtech product development forward in 2020.
Are You a Product or Service Provider for Medical Device Manufacturers?
We’re looking for suppliers to bring their best game to Minneapolis. That means bring a date! We know you’ve got great products and services to offer, but engineers want to know how those can help them solve problems and they want to see proof these solutions work. Partnering with your clients (finished medical device manufacturers) to deliver content helps validate your processes and offerings. Suggest a co-presentation with a customer/client, or a panel discussion with your customers, and you’ll have a much higher likelihood of being accepted to speak at the MD&M Minneapolis Conference.
Submitting Your Topic Idea
We encourage proposals from speakers with deep technical and practical expertise, as well as engineers who have developed strategies for reducing the time, cost, and complexity associated with designing, developing, and bringing medical devices to market. This year, the conference will run for two days and feature three tracks: Track A: Research & Development, Track B: Product Development, and Track C: Medtech Manufacturing. Click here to see the three tracks and the topics within each.
Proposals Given Preference Have The Following Elements:
- Feature content never seen before (not available online) that will be created specifically for MD&M Minneapolis
- Reveal new ways of thinking about and applying principles and standards
- Real-world examples that involve projects with a novel application of technology or illustrate a solution to a technical challenge in an end-product, including a detailed discussion of the trade-offs and choices made (and choices that would have been made differently in hindsight) during the design and development process
- Include a demonstration to illustrate key technical principles
- Engage the audience in a highly creative or interactive way
- SUPPLIERS: If you are a supplier to the industry, we’d love to hear from you! But, we need you to include end-users in your topic submission. How can they validate your product and/or approach to solving a problem? Panels with OEMs as panelists, and the supplier as moderator are a great example.
- Do NOT include a vendor pitch or promotional material
- We look for speakers who are willing to share their knowledge to help engineering and innovation continue and grow. Proposals that are sales pitches for a product/service or company will not be considered.
MD&M Minneapolis Speaking Proposal Submission Process:
Please fill out the submission form completely here and submit no later than Friday, May 10th, by 11:59 PM ET. If selected to speak, all presenters will be required to submit a PowerPoint presentation in PDF form two weeks in advance of the event to ensure all guidelines are met.