MDEA Winners Announced at MD&M East
by mddiadmin on July 1, 2007
Twenty-one products were honored with gold awards at the Medical Design Excellence Awards ceremony in June at the Medical Design & Manufacturing East show in New York City. Gold awards represent the highest level of achievement in terms of medical product design and contribution to healthcare.
The gold winners are
- Cool-Cap neonatal head-cooling system, made by Olympic Medical Corp. (Seattle).
- Easypod subcutaneous injection device, made by Merck Serono International SA (Geneva, Switzerland).
- EtchMaster dental air abrasive etching instrument, made by Groman Inc. (Margate, FL).
- Gynecare TVT Secur system for treating stress urinary incontinence, made by Ethicon Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company (Somerville, NJ).
- Halo360 esophogeal tissue ablation system, made by Bârrx Medical Inc. (Sunnyvale, CA).
- Impella 2.5 circulatory support system, made by Abiomed Inc. (Danvers, MA).
- Mammotome MR breast biopsy system, made by Ethicon Endo-Surgery, a Johnson & Johnson company (Blue Ash, OH).
- Ness L300 leg neuroprosthesis, made by Ness Ltd. (Ra'anana, Israel).
- OrthoGlide medial knee implant, made by Advanced Bio Surfaces (Minnetonka, MN).
- Ospol dental implant system packaging, made by Ospol AB (Malmö, Sweden).
- Pascal photocoagulator, made by OptiMedica (Santa Clara, CA).
- Piccolo Xpress chemistry analyzer, made by Abaxis Inc. (Union City, CA).
- Pinnacle total parenteral nutrition management system, made by B. Braun Medical Inc. (Bethlehem, PA).
- Proprio Foot motor-powered prosthesis, made by Ossur (Reykjavik, Iceland).
- RT Vue retinal imaging system, made by Optovue Inc. (Fremont, CA).
- Stryker Precision Saw, made by Stryker Instruments (Kalamazoo, MI).
- Symbiq infusion system, made by Hospira Inc. (Lake Forest, IL).
- Symphony one-touch histology slide preparation system, made by Ventana Medical Systems Inc. (Tucson, AZ).
- Thermoplastic Drill Template Set, made by Institut Straumann AG (Basel, Switzerland).
- Vest airway clearance system, Model 205, made by Hill-Rom Company, Inc. (Charleston, SC).
- Vicks Forehead thermometer, made by Kaz Inc. (New York City).
Also at the ceremony, 14 products received silver awards.
More information about the winning products can be found in the April 2007 issue of MD&DI. More information about the Medical Design Excellence Awards can be found at www.mdeawards.com.